7 Must Have Android Apps: December 2016
We only have non intrusive ads on our webiste. If you are using an adblock please whitelist us in the adblocker. If you don't have an adblock, you're awesome!Our previous Must Have apps post still remains one of our most viewed posts till date. Having featured in "Flipbpard: Top post this week", we couldn't have asked for more. In view of this huge response we recieved last time around, we have put together a new list of 7 must-have Android Apps, an Android user simply should have. This time the list focuses mainly on utility and tools from the play store.
For downloading any of the apps mentioned in the list just click on the name of the app you wish to download. All the apps below require no root for functioning.
- Customizing the Home button of your android: This section deals with customizing what happens when you long press or double tap on your android devices home button.
- Open an app
- Open a web page
- Toggle the flashlight
- Open the recent apps screen
- Toggle brightness
The app doesn't need root but has to be set as your Assistant app in Settings > Apps > Advanced > Default apps > Assist & voice input
Note: This app will replace the google on tap feature.
HomeSwipe is an another adfree application similar to Homebot that lets you customize what happens when you long tap or swipe up from the homescreen. The app includes options offered by homebot along with additional options for rooted users. It mainly supports devices from android 4.1 to 5.1, and 6+ on most devices.
- Customizing quick settings of your android: This section deals with customizing quick settings on your android devices.
Please note that some OEMs, such as Samsung, LG and HTC, may disable the use of this app on their firmware. You will need a custom ROM that is based on AOSP (including CyanogenMod) to use this app if that is the case with your device.
- Lock orientation on your android: Set Orientation lets you do just that. We had previously posted about this app here.
- Open a link in a different browser/app: Flashify lets you do just that. We had previously posted about this app here.
- Clipboard manager: Native clipboard provides easy and seamless access to anything you copied by simply double clicking the desired text field. Then choosing a clip will automatically paste it.The clips can be:Swiped away to delete them, Long clicked to view the whole text, Pinned to prevent deleting (Using the 3-dot menu).
How to use: In Accessibility - Double tapping edit fields (other option available under Advanced)
- Create custom widgets for your android:
- Opening multiple clones of same app: This section deals with cloning apps on your android devices. The app ParallelSpace lets you do just that, we had previously posted about this app in this post.
Reviews of non-reviewed apps are in the works.
That's all folks!
You can help us by +1ding, sharing and commenting on this post.
You can check out our previous post here.
Follow us on:
Following are our bots and channels in Telegram: